Q: Creaking while turning, 0-15 and braking 2008 Audi TT

asked by on December 17, 2016

So my car has been creaking kinda like the sound of old floorboards. My car only creaks when I turun going slow, speed up from 0 and brake at a low speed. I am wondering what this most likely is and how much it would be to fix it.

Hello - most likely, these creaking noises are coming from the front strut bearing plates. This is a common worn suspension noise, especially in cold weather. I would recommend a front suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr