Q: How do the automatic door locks work?

How do the automatic door locks work?

A: Your car is equipped with automatic door lo...

Your car is equipped with automatic door locks to help provide better safety and security. Here’s how they work:

1. All the doors will lock once you pass 15 MPH.

2. All the doors will unlock once you turn the ignition to off.

However, you can deactivate this function if you want. To do so, just follow these steps:

1. Close the doors.

2. Turn the ignition on.

3. Push and hold the power door lock switch to the unlock position for at least six seconds (you have to do this within a few seconds of turning the ignition on).

4. You’ll see the hazard lights flash two times if you’re activating the auto door locks, or once if you’re deactivating them.

Tip

Note that if you turn off the automatic unlock feature, the doors won’t unlock when you turn off the engine and you’ll need to manually unlock them.