Q: Slight movement to the right while driving Ford Taurus over 50 mph

When I drive 50 miles per hour and up, the car moves slightly to the right. Any idea what the problem could be?

You could easily have a minor alignment problem, or a minor wear or worn tie rod or something like that. The first thing you should do is jack the car up, pull up to see if there’s any play. If there isn’t any play, go to a good mechanic that knows front misalignments to check your alignment. Because a lot of times the alignment is off a little bit.

Now, if you are talking about when you’re driving and take off to about fifty or above and it pulls, then a lot of times it’s what it’s called torque steer. A lot of cars do that as they get older.

When you take off, the CVS’s are slightly worn, everything is slightly worn and often pulls to one side, just because all that extra torque will take advantage of a very minor problem that is hard to find and makes the car jerk to the side only when you accelerate. If it does that, a lot of drivers just live with it, but if it does that when you are just driving at random speeds and not accelerating, check the front for misalignment.

If you would like to have a professional check this out for you, a technician from YourMechanic can go to your home or office to diagnose your car’s pulling issue.

3. Slight movement to the right while driving Ford Taurus over 50 mph