Q: Ripped cv boot

asked by on December 23, 2016

Hey! So I got a ripped axle boot which is making a blinking noise and I've got a 5 hr drive to do rn and I'm wondering if that would be okay? Cause I can't cancel This trip

Driving with an axle boot that is torn will cause the internal lubricating grease to get washed out of the joint and dirt to get into the joint. If you have to make a trip it should be able to wait until you return without a problem as long as you are not getting a vibration from the shaft when driving. This would be an indication the balls inside joint are worn real bad and problem is old and may cause transmission damage to seals and bearing.