Q: What does the Cruise Set switch indicator light mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the Cruise Set switch indicator light mean?

If you turn on cruise control, you’ll see the Cruise Main light come on. However, the system is only active – it’s not set yet. Once you set the speed you want to travel, the Cruise Set light will illuminate in the dash (it says “Set”). This light lets you know that not only is cruise control on and active, but that you’re traveling at the speed you chose. However, if the light blinks while the engine is operating, it might indicate a problem with the cruise control system.

Tip

Only set your cruise control when you can drive on long, relatively straight roads.