Q: Rattling and screeching noise

When I drive the car, especially if it sat for a while, it starts making weird noises. It's rattling and slightly screeching. I went to the shop and was told that the AC bearings went bad. The AC had a leak about 20 days ago. I had the AC recharged. What do I need to replace in the AC system if the AC bearings went bad? Would that stop the noise?

A: Hello. The A/C compressor clutch and pulley...

Hello. The A/C compressor clutch and pulley should be checked and you should replace the pulley only if the compressor is not leaking. If it is, then replace the complete compressor assembly. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the screeching noise and make the appropriate repairs.