Q: hard starting after engine has run. 1996 Ford F-150

asked by on August 27, 2016

I have a 1996 ford f 150 truck with a 5.0 engine its starts fine when cold after it is run its hard starting but will finally start it does not do it all the time and when it runs it runs fine I have already replaced the computer tune up and wires

Hey there, thanks for writing in. From what you describe, it sounds like the engine TFI module on the side of the distributor is most likely bad and causing the no start hot. If you would like to have this verified and taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard start and follow through with repairs.