Q: I have a 1996 chevy k1500 and I just put a new motor in it and it will start and run and idle amazing but has no power in drive

asked by on April 21, 2017

1996 chevy I put a new motor in it and it will start right up and run amazing but when I put it in drive it has no power it will shift into gear and will move really slowly but Rpms will go up and the truck will slowly go but has i power to actually drive it

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check to see if ignition timing is advancing per the specifications in the factory service manual as you rev the engine. Measure fuel pump pressure. Check throttle position sensor, oxygen sensors, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is in wrong position, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), airflow sensor, and so forth. If the cause is not readily apparent, simply request an engine loss of power diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.