Q: work done on car including brake inspection, now its bouncy and the front makes a metallic squeaking sound when going over bumps

Took my car in for some work yesterday - belt replaced, power steering hose replaced, cabin air filter replaced, power steering flush, new windshield washer pump, replace oil valve cover gasket and spark plugs, headlight bulb replaced, oil change, and have the brakes inspected while still under warranty. The car was driving fine yesterday morning on the way to the shop, except the steering was a little off; however being brought in for the power steering flush so that was not a concern.

After leaving the shop yesterday, my car was very bouncy, as though I had hydraulics in it. It stopped bouncing before I got home (15 miles). However this morning, its riding much harder over speed bumps and pot holes - like I'm getting hit or going to lose engine parts where it was much smoother before and a metallic squeaking coming from the front of the car that was not there before.

When they performed the brake inspection (nothing wrong) could they have messed up the shocks or suspension?

If the shocks/struts are worn (with 90,000 plus miles, yours are), it is conceivable that putting the car on a lift, that is taking all the vehicle weight off the suspension, can hasten the failure of an already worn out shock/strut. There are published reports of this circumstance from service personnel. It is also possible to damage a vehicle on a lift but the more likely explanation is the internal valving in the shocks was affected as the suspension fully extended. Keep in mind, if this is what happened, the shocks were at the end of their service life anyway, if they are the original shocks. If you want the suspension inspected to rule this in or out as the cause, and also have the shocks replaced, as indicated by a diagnostic, the recommended service to request is a suspension inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this issue that you are writing in about diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. work done on car including brake inspection, now its bouncy and the front makes a metallic squeaking sound when going over bumps