Q: Brake rotor burned after brakes replacement

Last week I had the rear brakes replaced, as well as the sensors, rotors, and the system flushed. Already, the rear-left rotor is burned out. The dealership told me it was due to the parking brake not releasing and thus needs a parking-brake module. They said this isn’t related to the work done last week. My question is: should they have checked the parking brake when they installed the rear brakes?

It sounds like the parking brake mechanism has failed and kept the brakes on in that wheel. I cannot say if the dealer should have found the problem at that time, since the problem may not have been there at the time they did the brake service for you.

If you feel they did not fix it correctly, then take it up with the manager to see what can be done to help pay for the repairs. The problem was not there before they touched the vehicle and now it is. Maybe something they did or didn’t do would require an investigation by an independent shop.

3. Brake rotor burned after brakes replacement