Q: Thinking that I have an electrical problem

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze with around 44,000 miles on it. The electronics in this car have been giving me trouble for the last couple of months. There were little things at first, like the radio turning off randomly or a warning light popping up on the dash for a few miles. Now, it has gotten more severe to the point where it is becoming hazardous. I don’t want to start changing parts out and having the same problem. What exactly should I be looking for to diagnose this problem?

A: Your description here sounds very concernin...

Your description here sounds very concerning. The last thing you want to do is to start throwing parts, and money, at a car with only hope to eventually fix the problem. What I believe you are experiencing is actually a symptom of a bigger issue. It definitely sounds like an electrical issue and would warrant a certified professional to spend some time with the vehicle in order to diagnose it properly. Based off my experience, and off what I have seen in the field, this issue could be something as simple as a bad ground connection or an electrical short. Or, it could be more complex, such a problem with one or more of the vehicle’s computers. I did a little research on this concern and have come across similar complaints from other owners. If your vehicle is still under warranty, I recommend you take it to your local certified dealership and have them inspect the vehicle for electrical problems before you start buying parts.