Q: Hello, I have two questions: 1) How often the Ignition Coil needs to be replaced? and 2) This model requires grease chassis?

asked by on December 20, 2016

1) Ignition Coil: my wife took the car for oil change and they told her that the sparkplugs needed to be replaced and the Ignition Coils as well. The car has no failure at all but I do not know if the ignition coils are changed on a routinely basis.

2) Chassis grease: there is a noise in the front of the car that sems to be rubber not lubricated. We just changed the CV Axles (both) and the dampers.

Tks, Rodolfo

Hi there. The spark plugs are rated for 100,000 miles for your vehicle, so you have about 5,000 miles left on their life for a decent spark. I recommend changing the spark plugs with the OEM parts to ensure a long life and good strength spark. The coil packs on the other hand are designed to last up to 12 years. I recommend not changing any coil packs unless they are not working. If you need further assistance with your ignition system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.