Q: My engine belt is coming off slowly now it is halfway out. Does this mean i need to replace the belt or it is a faulty engine?

My Ford Fiesta 2002 Facelift 1.6l engine belt slight came off on one of the components that it run on the engine. I am not sure if it is the water pump, alternator or petrol pump. I am not sure whether i have to replace the belt or is it faulty engine that need attention from specialist. I tried to push it back but once i start the car the belt runs back to where it was(wrong position). Everything else is fine. Temperature is normal and water level and oil level is also fine i check it almost everyday before i drive. Please help me. I am scared that it might come off completely and damage the entire engine.

When the drive belt is walking itself off the drive pulleys, it can be due to tension or pulley damage. If the belt tensioner spring is weak or broken, the belt will be loose and can begin to come off the pulleys. Also, if any of the pulleys, whether crankshaft, water pump, etc, are damaged and not spinning properly, this can put a side load on the belt and begin pushing it off any or all pulleys. Have a technician inspect the vehicle as soon as possible to avoid over heating the engine.

3. My engine belt is coming off slowly now it is halfway out. Does this mean i need to replace the belt or it is a faulty engine?