Q: Does a 1999 hyundai elantra have a fuel inertia switch, if so where is it located?

asked by on November 21, 2017

I have a 99 Hyundai elantra that initially had no spark, coil pack, camshaft position and crankshaft position sensors where replaced. no we have a spark but no fuel. The fuel pump is new. Is there an inertia switch on this car, if so where is it.

An inertial type fuel pump cut off switch was not used on the 1999 Elantra. However, there are other solenoid operated fuel cut off switches on the vehicle, in the tank area, that could account for the no fuel condition. To understand the complete circuit, including those switches, requires the factory wiring diagram. Does the fuel pump power on momentarily when you turn the key to the "on" position"? If yes, the issue lies beyond the pump. On the other hand, if there is no power at all to the fuel pump, the cause can be pinpointed if you request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic. As you have indicated that your vehicle is not starting, an alternative is to simply request a no start diagnostic. In either case, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint and resolve the underlying issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.