Q: Car battery light on... New battery and alternator but keeps dying

Hello i have 2001 ford expedition. The battery light started flickering suddenly then it went dead. I got the battery tested at autozone the told me it was bad. I purchased a new one. Then i cranked the truck again it came on and the light was on but no longer blinking. Just on. After an hour of driving my truck went dead again. I then was tolf that my alternator was bad. So i purchased a used one at the junk yard. Aaa came out and tested every thing and said both my battery and alternator were fine but my dropped dead again. Can you please tell me what is making my vehicle die?

A: Hello. If your charge indicator is on, this...

Hello. If your charge indicator is on, this indicates a problem in the system. The charge indicator will have a resistor that is about 390 ohms when tested and if it is bad then may cause light to come on. You are having a possible charge problem with alternator. A junk yard alternator may be bad and you would not know it until it is installed. You should have the complete charging system diagnosed by a qualified mechanic that will be able to go over the entire circuit.