my 2007 impala lt has been getting the engine power reduc...

Q: my 2007 impala lt has been getting the engine power reduced sign and will cut my car completely off, i recently just bought a scan

asked by on July 09, 2017

i recently change the pedal accelerator sensor and throttle body on my car because of the warning "engine power reduced" i just bought a OBD-II scanner and the code P0523 pops up but that has something to do with the oil pressure could that be the cause of the "engine power reduce" is what I'm wondering

The code is for the oil pressure is low or the pressure sensor is open circuit. This will cause the failure low power mode. I suggest having the oil pressure checked and if okay then replace pressure sensor to fix the code and problem.