Q: Heater malfunction - 1997 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon

The heater in my van isn't working correctly. The van has an auxiliary heater at the back of it. I tried troubleshooting this by taking the heater hoses off and having the heater core flushed. I haven't noticed any coolant leaks and the water runs freely. The temperature gauge is working properly. The van has no engine issues. How can I fix the heater?

You need to have the heater air conditioning case checked to see if the actuator for the temperature blend door is moving when you move the temperature from cold to hot. Also check to see if both heater hoses are getting hot indication flow from the front heater control valve. The heater case blend door may be stuck in the cool position and the case may need to be replaced after testing. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office too inspect your heating and air conditioning system and make the necessary replacements.

3. Heater malfunction - 1997 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon