Q: Bad gas mileage on a 2006 Ford Escape V6 3.0

asked by on May 03, 2016

I have a 2006 Ford Escape V6 3.0 with 82,000 miles on it. I've replaced the ignition coils, the PCV valves since it was misfiring a mile per gallon. After the replacement, the miles per gallon haven't gone back to where it used to be. What could it be?

Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote

Generally, if you have a really bad gas mileage on those things, if it’s running okay and not misfiring, it’s one of two things. Either the MAF sensor is bad so you might just buy a MAF sensor.

Try a MAF sensor because it does a lot of monitoring about how much fuel goes in. If that’s not the case, you might have fuel injectors pressure tested by a mechanic because dirty fuel injectors would cause this, too. Even though it only has 82,000 miles, it is 10 years old and it can get carbon build up inside. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can assist you with flushing your fuel injectors or having the fuel injectors replaced as needed.