Q: What does the Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light mean?

What does the Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light mean?

The supplemental restraint system (SRS) on your Altima is pretty advanced, and is able to detect problems when they occur. If something happens that may disable all or part of the air bag system, a warning light is turned on in the dash. This is the Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light. It should come on for a few seconds when you crank the engine and then turn it off again. If it doesn’t turn off, flashes repeatedly after cranking the engine or never turns on, there’s a problem with the system and your air bags may not work correctly.

Tip

• If the Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light is on, or never turns on, it could mean any part of the SRS system, including the seat belt pretensioners, may not work right.
  3. What does the Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light mean?