CHECK FUEL CAP alert with vehicle performance issues hond...

Q: CHECK FUEL CAP alert with vehicle performance issues

asked by on September 22, 2017

I have a CHECK FUEL CAP alert on dash which appears periodically. Car is experiencing performance issues like running sluggish or heavy when accelerating - especially uphills or climbing. Gas consumption has quickened.

You will need to have the fuel vapor system tested for leaks to see if the vapor vent valve is leaking vapors into the engine all the time. This will cause the running issues you are having and will cause the system to think it has a large leak and turn on gas cap light.