Q: I had my airbags replaced on my 2012 scion xb and instantly lost 61 miles per gas tank. Why?

asked by on February 14, 2018

I had my re-called Takati air bags replaced on my 2012 Scion XB replaced last week by a Toyota dealership. On my way home from Toyota, I filled up my car from empty. My range for the last 5 and a half years if ownership jas been 311 miles per tank from empty. This time my range was 250. I thought, ok thats different. I filled it up again this week from empty and the range was 248. What could have happened during the airbag installation to take away my gas mileage?

When the airbags were replaced the battery would have been disconnected and may cause the computer to reset and can cause some loss of fuel mileage until the computer gets through relearn. If you still get lower fuel mileage after your next tank of fuel then have the engine checked for tune up needed.