Q: How can I access the service history of my car?

i bought a second hand 2004 toyota corrola with VIN **************46. it was recently imported into my country { Nigeria} from Canada. i want to find out more about the maintenance and services done by the previous owner. thanks

A: Checking this vehicle’s history could be a ...

Checking this vehicle’s history could be a very difficult task since you are seeking information from another country. The previous owner may have kept receipts and records every time services were performed, but you will have to track down the owner to see which places they visited to have work performed. If the majority of the work was done at a dealership, it is possible you can track down the dealership that sold the vehicle and they may still have the records. I hope this helps you.