Q: ticking at idle

well i recently noticed my truck engine started ticking at idle when i rev up it goes away i changed pushrods ,and rocker arms and put a engine cleaner followed with a tune up. after that the engine stopped knocking then as the engine warmed up it started again

Hi there. The lifters are sticking causing the push rods to be loose and tap on the rocker arms. Put one quart of ATF in the engine oil and run the engine for 15 minutes at 3,000 rpm’s. Then change the oil and filter and run the engine to see if the lifter noise went away. If the noise is still there, then the lifters will need replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine making a tapping noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. ticking at idle