Q: At low speeds, I hear a metallic thump/cluck sound when turning into a driveway or parking lots. 2014 Ram 1500, 4x4

asked by on July 24, 2017

At low speeds, turning right or left, into a driveway or parking lot, I hear a metallic thump/clunk sound. It is not audible in wet weather. It is always the first wheel, either right or left, that hits the curb first. The truck rides smoothly, no uneven tire wear. Tires have been rotated. 4x4. Not audible at highway speeds with road bumps. Thank you

Hi there. What you are describing can be caused by multiple component, ranging from worn out struts or strut mounts, to steering stabilizer bar bushings or even wheel bearings being worn out. To correctly diagnose the root source of the noise, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can test drive and replicate the noise and recommend the right repairs.