Q: Major shaking and shuddering,vibration when applying brakes

I recently had a bunch of front end work done at Sears in Anchorage,Ak alignment,pitman arm steering linkage ,inner tie rod and brakes done,pads shoes wheel cylinders rotors turned brake fluid oil change and put new tires on after all this was done. second time Ive replaced pitman and idler arm now,and had new rotors put on 2 years ago. I have major steering wheel shake when I apply brakes and can feel in brake pedal also plus whole truck shakes and shudders when applying brakes,its always been bad but not this bad,brakes have sucked from day one,i bought truck brand new. So ive heard this is a chevy thing. just wondering what i can do or check to make it better,doesnt feel safe when driving tired of replacing the same things over and over and nothing seems better especially in brake department thanks

It sounds like you may have some warped brake rotors. As you know, when you press on your brake pedal, this activates a hydraulic pressure which forces small pistons inside your brake calipers to push the brake pads against the brake rotors which is what causes the stopping power you are familiar with. When this happens, an enormous amount of heat is generated due to the friction between the brake pads and rotors. As the brake rotors eventually cool down and then heat up again the next time you press on the brakes, over time this can cause them to warp slightly causing very small low spots on the surface of the brake rotor. When this happens and the brake pads are applied again to the rotors, this causes an uneven surface (on the rotor) to be applied to the flat surface brake pad, which can cause a vibration, shaking or very loud grinding sound. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your brake rotors.