Q: in my car where and how can i locate the ECM

I have a 2001 monte carlo LS 3.4 v6 where is the ECM located and how can i remove it ? plus where is the BCM and the PCM located and is it simple to replace? help would be much appreciated

First, why do you want to replace the PCM and/or BCM? It’s very rare that a module goes bad. The problem is usually something else. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your vehicle; it will save you both time and money in the long run.

If you’re intent on replacing the PCM, it is located in the engine compartment beneath the air cleaner housing cover. The BCM Is located on the left side of the instrument panel, above the parking brake.

Both of these units will need to be programmed with an OEM equivalent scan tool before the vehicle will run. So, this is not something you can tackle without professional assistance. One of our mobile technicians would be happy to assist you with the diagnosis of your electrical issues for an accurate repair.

3. in my car where and how can i locate the ECM