Q: Engine came on and we took it to Autozone. Code read P0430

asked by on October 04, 2016

My daughter is due to drive home four hours for the weekend and I want to know if this could blow up engine. The vehicle is running ok right now. Is it worth fixing or should I try to trade in the vehicle?

Hello. This issue can be caused by a failing catalytic converter or by a bad oxygen sensor. As for driving the vehicle, if it is not lacking any power then it should be fine to drive. The only time a converter can become severely damaged is if the engine is neglected for a long period of time. It is much cheaper to have this replaced then it is to purchase a new vehicle. If you would like further assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can be of aide to you, by coming to your home or office to perform a thorough Check Engine Light inspection, and make repairs.