Q: Engine came on and we took it to Autozone. Code read P0430

My daughter is due to drive home four hours for the weekend and I want to know if this could blow up engine. The vehicle is running ok right now. Is it worth fixing or should I try to trade in the vehicle?

A: Hello. This issue can be caused by a failin...

Hello. This issue can be caused by a failing catalytic converter or by a bad oxygen sensor. As for driving the vehicle, if it is not lacking any power then it should be fine to drive. The only time a converter can become severely damaged is if the engine is neglected for a long period of time. It is much cheaper to have this replaced then it is to purchase a new vehicle. If you would like further assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can be of aide to you, by coming to your home or office to perform a thorough Check Engine Light inspection, and make repairs.