Q: Car will not start when its cold.

My car will not start in cold weather, if it does happen to start it dies within 5 seconds and wont start at all(cranks but not start). In warm weather it starts just fine. Fuel pump is good. I need help.

Hello:

The cold start injector, also referred to as the cold start valve, is an engine management component found on many road going vehicles. It’s purpose is to supply the engine with additional fuel to enrich the fuel mixture in cold temperatures where air density is increased and additional fuel is required. It plays a key role in the performance, fuel economy, and starting characteristics of the vehicle, so when it does have issues the problems can detract from the overall drivability of the vehicle. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic replace the cold start injector on your Chevrolet Aveo.

3. Car will not start when its cold.