Q: I have an 01 Lexus ls430 the trunk indicator is on as if the trunk is open but it's completely closed. Any ideas?

The sensor light on car is saying the trunk is open but it's completely closed any ideas

Hello, thank you for writing in. Something is wrong with the sensor on the latch for the trunk. Scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to see if anything comes up. You can check the wiring directly to the sensor and the sensor itself by simply pulling back the carpeting in that area. Look for damaged or dirty wires. If the problem is not there, it is further down the circuit. If looking to do the repairs yourself, you will find a wiring diagram very helpful. For more help with testing or resolving the trunk light, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have an 01 Lexus ls430 the trunk indicator is on as if the trunk is open but it's completely closed. Any ideas?