Q: my check engine light came on a few weeks ago and said it was coolant issue light went out and a few days ago it came back on

asked by on December 19, 2016

my check engine light came on a few weeks ago and said it was coolant issue light went out and a few days ago it came back on and today the car flashed over heating and the electronic throttle light came on

Your vehicle has less than 60,000 miles and inasmuch as you mention a possible fault in the engine cooling system, you should check for warranty coverage under Chrysler’s 5 year/60,000 miles powertrain warranty. If you are not covered under the manufacturer warranty, I recommend you request an overheating diagnostic from YourMechanic simply because a car that is overheating is essentially inoperable. You will ruin the engine if it gets hot enough, by warping essential engine components, so overheating has to be resolved before the issue with the electronic throttle is addressed. In your case, inasmuch as the Check Engine Light (CEL) has come on as well, the Mechanic will download the diagnostic trouble codes that always set when the CEL illumuninates and use those trouble codes as clues to resolving the issue you are having.