Q: BMW shakes a little at lower speeds and rpms

Just bought a 2009 BMW from the dealership for 13 K and it seems to drive fine when I test drove it and the whole way home when I started to write it slowly around town I noticed it had a very small shake/wobble at 1.5 K RPMs I rode it on the highway over 100 mphs and it drove perfect. It's only form like 20-50 at around 1.5-2k it's not super noticeable unless I'm going up a huge hill then it jumps a tad the dealership said it could be the tires out of balance but I don't believe the crooks. i maybe have noticed it only does it when the car is warmed up and ive been driving for a while

Hello, thank you for writing in. Shaking can come from a variety of components. Unfortunately in a situation like this, you will have to take it one step at a time if nothing is found to be physically damaged upon inspection. Unbalanced tires are definitely one of the easiest culprits (and it can cause shaking) to fix, and you should start there. If balancing the tires does not help, then you will want to take a look at the actual tires themselves. If they are out of round or improperly inflated, a mild shaking can occur. Beyond a tire issue you will want to look into the brakes, and make sure the rotors are not warped. Replace the rotors and pads if needed. You can also look into the suspension and wheel hub assemblies as they will too cause a shake. If you believe the shaking to be caused by the engine, check the motor and transmission mounts. For a full 75-point safety inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.