Q: 2009 Ford Focus manual Trans.drivetrain light comes on ? Why

drivetrain symbol light ( the wrench)comes on. Twice in a month n half. I shut off vehicle. Come back 15 minutes. Start up n no light yet...Any thoughts. My check engine light is already stays on ..Code 420 I think?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the question today. Warning lights are triggered when a sensor detects an error and creates an OBD-II trouble code then stores it in the ECU. The wrench light typically indicates that routine service or maintenance is due. The check engine light is usually what indicates problems that should be resolved. If the code you are talking about is P-0420, it means that either the upstream or downstream oxygen sensor in the catalytic converter is not working. The best way to determine what is causing all the warning lights is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection, so they can determine what service or repairs is needed.