Q: My low oil light comes on but, when I start the car the second time, it goes out and the dipstick reads full

My low oil light comes on when I start it the first time then it goes out the second start up dip stick reads full

Hi. The most likely cause of this problem is the oil level sensor has an intermittent problem and is about to fail. There is electrical circuitry inside the oil level sensor that sends info to PCM. Sometimes this electrical circuitry gets shorts in it and causes an intermittent problem like the one you are experiencing.

I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and replace your oil level switch to get your car back in full working order.

3. My low oil light comes on but, when I start the car the second time, it goes out and the dipstick reads full