Q: Sporadic chirp--dont think it's the belt

For the past week I've noticed a quiet sporadic chirp. I can only hear it with my windows down and it doesn't seem to be coming from under the hood--seems to come from my front left wheel area--i could be wrong about the location of the chirp as it is hard to tell.

It ia not a constant chirp but it seems quite random. Mostly happens when I'm at least 20mph but I sometimes hear it going slower. Neither acceleration or braking seem to augment the chirp, but I feel like it chirps a bit more on bumpy roads. Chirps whether fan or a/c is on or off.

I have brand new belt, idler pulleys and tensioner. What do u guys think? Problem with the belt or could the chirp be something else? Thanks in advance

The chirping you are hearing may not be belt related. Your suspension can also make noises like this. If you hear the noises going over bumps that is a huge sign. The fact you have narrowed it down to one wheel also helps a lot - start there. Inspect the brakes and suspension. When looking at the brakes, make sure a brake pad isn’t sticking or disengaging incorrectly. Some brake pads also have a built-in wear indicator pad that make an audible noise when they wear down. The fact you hear it going over bumps makes me think the suspension is more likely the problem. You may want to inspect the Constant-Velocity (CV) joints as well. These may be worn or in need of replacement. Lastly, sometimes the strut mount can also make a chirping noise. This is usually solved with some oil, assuming they are tight and in good condition.

If you need assistance, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to help diagnose this chirping noise in your vehicle and determine any necessary repairs or services.

3. Sporadic chirp--dont think it's the belt