Q: Q: My car cranks but it won't turn on.

I own a 2003 Toyota Corolla It cranks but it doesn't turn on. I checked my fuel pump I changed it. I went and I replaced it with a new one. I have checked my starter reply and it's okay. I have replaced the air flow mass sensor. I don't know what else I should do to try to get it to turn on. I haven't brought it in to the Toyota dealer ship because I have already spend about $500.00 on parts,fuel injector liquids and much more. What can I do to turn on my Toyota Corolla 2003 ?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When dealing with a cranking, no-start situation you always need to think about the basics. The first three things you need to make sure you have are fuel, air, and spark. If you are not receiving spark, which is one of the only things you haven’t addressed, then your vehicle will not start. The safest way to test or spark is to use a spark tester and have someone crank over the engine. If the light illuminates, your spark plugs are receiving the voltage they need. If the light does not illuminate, then you are likely needing an ignition system update. Also check your spark plugs and make sure they are in good condition (although not likely a reason for a total no-start). If you have all of these things, you may be looking at a more complex issue that will need more invasive testing. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Q: My car cranks but it won't turn on.