Q: My Check Engine light came on and now I'm having problems with the motor oil, it leaks. 2007 Kia Spectra

asked by on March 20, 2017

Good morning. Yesterday my 2007 Kia Spectra5 check engine light came on and now I'm having problem with the motor oil, it leaks out.

Hello - the first task is to see what problem codes are set, causing the Check Engine light to come on. Check oil level as well. Hopefully, the oil leak is not the root cause of the Check Engine situation. Knowing whether oil loss occurs most when the engine is running (leaking gasket or crankshaft oil seals) or simply while sitting in the driveway or garage (drain plug leak) would also be useful. I recommend a Check Engine inspection and a oil leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.