Q: My 2006 Lexus IS250 and the check engine light was blinking and it was kind of sluggish when I pulled off from the stop sign

My car the other day when I was driving the check engine light started blinking and I stopped at a stop sign and when I went to accelerate it would hardly go and it slowly went up to about 45 miles so I drove home and parked it and and a couple days later started up the check engine light still on but it's not blinking I could smell something burning or smell like it was burning coming from under the hood but I don't smell it anymore also on my display where it tells me what is wrong with it it says check VSC

A potential cause of this issue would be an oil leak onto the spark plugs causing misfires and therefore a shutdown of the traction control system. Many sensors on the engine work in conjunction with the traction control system to prevent wheel spin. If the engine is not running properly, this can cause the traction control system to be disabled in order to relieve any excess pressure on the engine. If the engine is misfiring, this would be an example of where the traction control system would disable itself. Based on the smell, I would recommend having your engine inspected for a potential oil leak particularly near the spark plug area. Consider YourMechanic as oil leak inspections can be performed at your home or office.

3. My 2006 Lexus IS250 and the check engine light was blinking and it was kind of sluggish when I pulled off from the stop sign