Q: AC compressor clicking

I think I need to replace the AC compressor. The compressor is making a clicking noise when the AC is on and no cold air is coming out, even after I add Freon.

Hi, it is possible that the compressor needs replacing, however, it can make a clicking noise if the system is low on refrigerant. You should never have to add refrigerant to the A/C system, so it sounds like there is a leak somewhere in the system. A certified technicians would be able to pressure test the system for you to help diagnose and fix your A/C. Do not add more refrigerant the system until it has been checked out as this can be harmful to the environment.

3. AC compressor clicking