Q: Oil leak and hissing noise

asked by on August 21, 2016

Hello I lent my car to my friend in which my car already had low compression when he brought it back I noticed the oil light on so I checked the engine bay and oil is everywhere so I turned the car over and it started to my surprise thinking low compression killed it. i hear a hissing noise while the car is running from the passenger side in the engine bay I would like to know what part could have gone and how much would it cost to repair by myself or by a garage. Oil has fully emptied itself onto the floor thanks for your help

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You will need to check out all of the plastic oil feed lines on the center area of the motor to see if one is broke. This will pump out the oil. Make sure not to let the oil get too low in the engine to keep it from burning up the motor. A certified technician, like one from YourMerchanic, can come to your home to assess the oil leak firsthand and give you a quote on an accurate repair. Good luck.