Q: There is a squeaking noise near the timing belt and an oil leak - 2007 Acura TSX

asked by on November 07, 2016

My car is making a low sound squeeky noise coming from near the timing belt upon turning it on. Also, it is starting to leak oil. What can cause this and what is an estimate cost to replace the timing belt?

Camshaft Seal Replacement $91.69 - $1356.03 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is likely the squeaky noise is either the timing belt tensioner wiggling on a dry pivot point or the timing belt idler pulley bearing which is losing its lubricating grease. Replacing the timing belt, the tensioner, and all of the idler pulleys is in order. I would recommend having the timing belt, tensioner & idler replaced a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location and perform all necessary repairs. The camshaft seals may also be leaking, and so you may need the cam seals replaced at the same time.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr