Q: Car stuck in Park.

My car is stuck in Park. What's wrong with it?

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is a high failure rate on your vehicles shifter assembly. Inside the assembly, there is a bright pink plastic cylinder that pulls the shift interlock spring. The problem is that the tab that holds the spring is very thin and snaps off, immobilizing your vehicle. There are ways to repair the shifter assembly rather than replacing it. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair this problem.