Q: Snapped bolt on front drive shaft. What is name of part? How mych does it cost? Is it hard to replace?

Snapped the bolt on the front end of the front drive shaft. What is the name of this part so i can get a new one and how much should i expect it to cost? Is it hard to replace? Can i do it at home?

The inner end of the drive shaft on this vehicle is held within the transmission by a spring steel snap ring. The wheel bearing end of the axle is held on by the axle retaining nut. The wheel bearing hub through which the axle is installed has five threaded studs which are used to mount the wheels. If you are referring to breakage of one of the five studs, the wheel hub assembly has to be removed from the vehicle to effect replacement of the studs. Anytime the hub is disassembled a new wheel bearing has to be installed because the process of disassembly (in a hydraulic press) damages the bearing. If you are replacing one stud, all should be replaced in order to ensure that all are serviceable once everything is re-assembled. If you desire that this service to be performed on a mobile basis, at your home, by a certified mechanic, please request wheel hub assembly replacement.

3. Snapped bolt on front drive shaft. What is name of part? How mych does it cost? Is it hard to replace?