Q: Truck won't start -1997 GMC C1500

Hey buddy I have a 1997 gmc 1500 5.7 vortex engine it cranks but won't turn over fuel pump tested 60 so ig it's good check my sparke plugs and they are good I Tryed turning it on manually with starters fluid and still wouldn't turn on so I'm really don't know much from there on but it was running fine and I was going like 75 on the highway and all of a sudden I heard a pop and my engine turned off had to tow it home and have yet to get it running

A: Hello. The description of the pop and then ...

Hello. The description of the pop and then your car dying makes me check to see if the timing is correct. Distributors will sometimes shear their roll pins and the gear on the end of the distributor will spin. Sometimes you can remove the distributor cap, crank the motor, and see if the rotor is turning. It still may when this occurs, but the gear could still have shifted. There are two options from here. You can remove the distributor and inspect the gear, or you can bring number one cylinder to top dead center and see if the rotor lines up to the number one plug wire on the distributor cap.

Aside from this, I would check for spark with a spark tester, check for injector pulse with a noid light, and check fuel pressure (which you have already done). These tests will determine what I do next, depending on what they reveal.

Another item I would suspect is the crankshaft sensor. This can have this sort of effect on your vehicle. If you need help diagnosing your vehicle, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the starting issue and let you know what needs repair.