Q: My 2005 lincoln navigator brakes whistles

THe brakes whistle periodically but stop when I press the the peddle. It has been getting worse each week.

The first thing to check is whether the brake pad material has worn down to the minimum level. If it has, the noise can likely be resolved by installing new brake pads and re-surfacing (or replacing) the brake rotors. If the brake pad material is still adequate, it is possible that the brakes have worn the rotor unevenly or the brake shims are missing or damaged. If you would like a diagnostic regarding this issue, please simply request a brake noise diagnostic and a certified mechanic will be dispatched by YourMechanic to evaluate your brakes and address all of your concerns.

3. My 2005 lincoln navigator brakes whistles