Q: Sputtering and other things - 2004 Ford Taurus

asked by on November 10, 2016

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon, okay it will sputter and jolt, and 2 times when my dad was driving out of our parking lot it wouldn't go past two miles per hour... I think it might be spark plugs, I am so broke right now I don't know what to do !

Hi there. Typically the issue you’re describing is ignition or fuel delivery related. It could be as simple as a crankshaft sensor that is faulty or as complex as a fuel / air mixture issue caused by a faulty mass air flow sensor or even the idle control system. The best way to handle this, especially since you’re financially strapped, is to contact one of our local mechanics and have them complete an engine is stalling inspection first before you spend money on parts and repairs that won’t solve the issue. By having a professional mechanic inspect the vehicle, they’ll be able to pinpoint the source of the issue so it can be repaired efficiently.