Q: Why is my car's rear tire area leaking fluid?

My cars back tire area started making a popping noise. It wasn't that bad at first but after one day of going to work and back home it was very loud. It seemed the faster I went in the car the noise would stop (40 - 45 mph) . The next day I took the tire off to check it out. Once I took it of I notice a liquid on the inside of the rim and also on brake caliper. I checked all lines in and no leaks even hit the brakes a few times to see if it was leaking from the caliper area and it wasnt. What could this be. Please help!

Hi. Your car is rear-wheel drive and the axles are in the rear differential. The axles have a seal and a bearing. The seal stops the differential fluid from getting on the brakes and rim. Your axle seal has broken, causing the differential fluid to be on the brake caliper and rim. The noise you are hearing is probably the wheel bearing going bad on that same side due to the leaking axle seal. I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and repair your axle seal and wheel bearing.

3. Why is my car's rear tire area leaking fluid?