Q: 2000 grand am gt is shifting at 3500 4000 Rpms not really normal takes about 4 seconds to shift into second gear and even second g

Car is shifting at 4000 rpms first gear and second gear is about 3500 before shifting it wasn't like this before what could be the problem

Hi there. Typically when the transmission shifts at a higher RPM than usual, it’s caused by transmission fluid that is old or obstructed in the hydraulic lines of the transmission. The best way to resolve this issue is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a transmission fluid service, to flush out any obstructions you might have.

3. 2000 grand am gt is shifting at 3500 4000 Rpms not really normal takes about 4 seconds to shift into second gear and even second g