Q: Transmission shifter won't shift into any gear.

asked by on December 14, 2016

I replaced my clutch disc, pressure plate, fly wheel and pull out bearing but now truck won't shift when motor is on but stick shift moves in all gears when the motors off.pedal felt spongy so i bled the clutch fluid (dot3) and managed to get the pedal a little harder but still no luck. I see my master cylinder has a bad seal and leaks out the end the push rod goes through. Also my slave cylinder has the throw out bearing connected to it and I noticed the bearing was in bad shape and hesitantly left it because i could afford the new one.i feel likei can't shift exams of these two things but im seeking further diagnostic advice to know for certain before dropping the tranny once again to find out something else was missed.

Hi there. Go under the vehicle and check the slave cylinder to your clutch system. The cylinder may be leaking causing the pedal to be spongy and not able to become firm due to excessive air in the system. Check over the whole system and check for any exterior leaks. Replace the parts that are either leaking or broken. If you need further assistance with your clutch not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.