Q: Engine still rocks back and forth. What can it be?

I changed all 4 mounts and when testing the vehicle. The engine along with the transmission still rocks back and forth when shifting from park to drive and from drive to park. The car when put in drive and with the emergency brake on, while accelerating, the engine still tilts up. What could also be the cause if all mounts are good?

Engine Mount Replacement $112.84 - $1607.30 Get a Quote

If you are using aftermarket mounts, that introduces a bit of a complexity in diagnosing a problem such as this as aftermarket parts can always be a potential cause of fit and function problems after installation. The only way to guarantee a "baseline" against which to measure, in this instance, engine movement is to use the original design OEM, Nissan supplied parts. If you have those parts installed at present, and you still see movement, such movement might be within the range that is expected as there will always be a degree of movement in the engine on acceleration and shifting. To advise you further I (or any mechanic) would have to know if the mounts are OEM and, as well, see in person the exact extent of the movement that exists. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a motor mount inspection/diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.