my Malibu smells like it's burning and when I lift the ho...

Q: my Malibu smells like it's burning and when I lift the hood and press the gas it sounds extremely loud

asked by on May 27, 2017

When I drive long distances my Malibu smells like something is burning light smoke behind engine also, I lift the hood and press Ruhr gas it sounds pretty loud help

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having several different issues. To begin diagnosing it, you will want to check the fluid levels to find out what is burning. From there you want to know how the the fluid is getting into the engine. If you are seeing it in your exhaust, then the fluid is passing through to the combustion chambers and being consumed in the engine. It is most likely an oil or a coolant leak. You may be looking at replacing your head gasket. Only further inspection will tell. For more help with the process, contact our service department.